Housing sign up and online room selection for 2017-18 will kick-off on February 13 for all current students. Whether your student is already living on-campus or commuting, they can sign up and choose their own room and roommate(s) as part of the online room selection process.
Community, Convenience, Connection
When asked about the benefits of living on campus, students have said that living on campus allows them to easily connect with campus resources like Butler Fitness Center, faculty, dining services, the library, and campus activities. Residents also recognized the convenience of not having to commute or worry about monthly bills. Many students said that they valued living in community and building relationships. Living on campus means:
- Connecting with classmates and the University community.
- Enjoying convenient all-inclusive amenities like free laundry, wireless internet, cable with HBO, and computers and printers in each building.
- Peace of mind with 24-hour Public Safety services.
- Participating in residence hall social and educational programming.
- Not having to drive to campus early in the morning when it is only 5 degrees outside…all that scraping, shoveling, and traffic!
Variety of Options
St. Kate’s offers a variety of housing options to meet your student’s needs including apartments, suites, single rooms, double rooms, and more. Students are also invited to live in a Living Learning Community. These unique themed areas bring students with common interests and goals together through specialized programming, faculty support, and community action. Students can choose between American Sign Language, Catholic Community, Antonian Honors, Gryffindor Tower, and Healthy Living. More information about these communities are available on the Residence Life website.
Sign Up and Room Selection Instructions
Students sign up for housing via the online portal, My Housing. There are multiple steps and instructions that students should read carefully before selecting their room. Residence Life reaches out to students in multiple ways to educate them about the process, but ultimately it’s up to your student to read all of the emails, instructional brochures, and the housing sign up website to learn about this process. Please understand that this is not a process you as a parent can complete on behalf of your student.
- March 1: Medical Accommodation Arrangements Deadline
- March 6: Deadline to complete the 2017-18 Housing & Dining Agreement
- March 6: Deadline to sign up for a Living Learning Community
- February 13-March 6: Same Type of Space Room Selection
- March 7-8: Same Type of Space Roommate Pull-In
- March 14-16: General Room Selection and Roommate Pull-In
If your student has any questions about the housing sign up process, please direct them to Ben or Sabrina in the Residence Life Office in room 450 CdC, 651.690.6617. The Residence Life Office will also be open on the nights of online room selection to help students with the process.