It’s been a great year in the halls, and we hope your student has enjoyed living on campus. The residence halls officially close at 6 p.m. on Friday, May 19.
- If your daughter is living on campus this summer she will remain in her current space until Summer Turn-Around (May 24 and 25).
- Students who need to stay late due to commencement, long-distance travel (more than 500 miles), or academic obligations may request to stay late. Request forms are due by May 5. Students can access the Request for Late Stay Form on My Housing. The form is available now.
- All other students should plan to check out of their space by 6 p.m. on May 19
Students are responsible for:
- Reading all of the emails, handouts, and other check-out information.
- Thoroughly cleaning and preparing their space for check-out.
- Scheduling an in-person check-out appointment with their Resident Advisor.
- Dismantling their bunks/lofts and storing the equipment as directed by hall staff.
Please understand that finals week is very busy for our Resident Advisor (RA) staff who must manage 30+ check out appointments, regular RA duties, finals, and their own packing. Your student’s cooperation during the check-out process is greatly appreciated.
Please encourage your student to read all of the instructions regarding residence hall closing. Information about check-out will be emailed to students on May 1. Resident Advisors will also hold community meetings to go over check-out instructions and information.
Move In Day for Fall 2017 is Sunday, September 3!
If your student has questions about residence hall check-out please ask them to contact Residence Life at 651.690.6617 or firstname.lastname@example.org